Saturday 10 November 2012

Pretty pink lips

I absolutely love pink lipsticks and am always in the lookout for new ones. My makeup kit consists of around 100 pink toned shades.

Here are my reviews on a few of my face pink lipsticks by Mac.
(Swatches from left to right)

• Mac - Gladiola. This lip colour is a purple toned fushia pink. It is a matte finish and very bold in colour. I love this shade but it is very strong especially on a more tanned skin. I am a mac nc30-35 and this colour looks nice but if you are more towards nc42 or darker I think this colour can be a little overwhelming on your skin tone.

• Mac - Pink Nouveau. This lipstick is a satin finish which means it has no shimmer or gloss. Again like the Gladiola this is overwhelming on a darker skin tone unless you are comfortable with strong lips. If you like the Nicki Minaj pink lip then you will love this. Very pretty colour but really should be worn with a simple eye. Just a little tip...apply lip conditioner before as this does dry the lips a little.

• Mac - Chatterbox. This is an amplified creme finish. I love wearing this colour when I am tanned (nc42) as it really suits a warmer skin tone. It is a very soft baby pink which has warm undertones rather than blue therefore it is a little easier to wear. I definatly recommend this on tanned skin tones.

• Mac - Pink plaid. A matte finish lipstick with a blue undertone. This again is a cold pink which can be a little harsh to begin with but I usually blot this colour as it is matte anyway. This softens the colour and makes it a little more wearable. The plus side to blue toned pink is that it makes teeth look whiter!

• Mac - Snob. Satin finish lipstick. This is a very pale pink. It can look a little too pastel on darker skin tones but is very pretty on light to medium skins. This colour is a very girly pretty pink and teamed with a winged eyeliner and pink blush can look very cute.
Also this shade has a matching lipgloss and nail varnish...all gorgeous!

The final pinks I love from Mac haven't swatched as I just can't find them in my kit :(

Mac Angel - gorgeous soft warm pink
Mac lovelorn - soft rose pink
Mac creme cup - soft baby pink
Mac Girl About Town - bright fushia

Stay tuned for my next blog! Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment